6th INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL: AUTONOMY AND HEALTH CARE IN THE (POST)PANDEMIC ERA
The Laboratory for the Research of Medical Law and Bioethics of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh), in cooperation with the Hellenic National Bioethics Commission, is exceptionally pleased to announce the organization of the 6th International Summer School of Medical Law and Bioethics on “Autonomy and health care in the (post) pandemic era”.
Issues to be discussed will include, inter alia, human rights, reproductive health services and digital technologies in pandemic era, legal and ethical implications, disparities in the health care system, legal and ethical questions regarding clinical trials of vaccines and problems connected with the compulsory character of the vaccination. The classes will be live, taught with the help of a ΖΟΟΜ, so that the participants will be able to interact and participate in the discussion.
The Summer School will be conducted in English, by faculty members and doctoral students from AUTh and from other universities in Greece and abroad, as well as by specialized jurists and doctors. The School will provide the participants with electronic material, presentations of the lectures, court decisions, material for workshops and case studies.
The Summer School will take place between the 11th and the 17th of July 2021 and it may be joined by jurists, health professionals and students of all levels (undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral ones). The lectures will take place ONLINE, so that you can join us remotely.
▪ DrJur Petros Alikakos, Judge, President of the Court of First Instance of Ioannina, Greece
▪ Prof. Panagiotis Bamidis, School of Medicine, Aristotle University, Greece
▪ Prof. Gabriella Belova, School of Law, South-West University, Bulgaria
▪ Assoc. Prof. Joaquin Cayon De Las Cuevas, IDIVAL, University of Cantabria, Spain
▪ Assoc. Prof. Andre den Exter, School of Law, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Holland
▪ Assoc. Prof. Guerino Fares, School of Law, Roma Tre University, Italy
▪ Sen. Lecturer Armin Fidler, MCI, Austria
▪ DrJur Roxani Fragou, Hellenic National Commission for Human Rights
▪ Prof. Markus Frischhut, Department of Management and Law, MCI, Austria
▪ Assist. Prof. George Karavokyris, School of Law, Aristotle University, Greece
▪ Prof. Ioannis Kioumis, School of Medicine, Aristotle University, Greece
▪ Assoc. Prof. Ifigeneia Kamtsidou, School of Law, Aristotle University, Greece
▪ Prof. Apostolos Mamopoulos, School of Medicine, Aristotle University, Greece
▪ Dr Genetics Vassiliki Mollaki, Hellenic National Bioethics Commission
▪ Assoc. Prof. Lina Papadopoulou, School of Law, Aristotle University, Greece
▪ Assist. Prof. Konstantinos Psannis, University of Macedonia, Greece
▪ Assoc. Prof. Chryssanthi Sardeli, School of Medicine, Aristotle University, Greece
▪ Prof. Iraklis Tsagkaris, School of Medicine, National and Kapodistrian University, Greece
▪ DrJur Takis Vidalis, Hellenic National Bioethics Commission
The tuition fees amount to EUR 100,00 for students of all levels and EUR 150,00 for jurists and health professionals for entries up to June 15th, 2021 and to EUR 130,00 and EUR 180,00 respectively for entries up to June 30th, 2021 (deadline).
On the successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a certificate with ECTS credits. Participants, who have attended but not completed successfully, will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.
For the successful completion of the programme, the participants should:
- have attended all the teaching units. Absences may not exceed 10% of the scheduled training hours.
- have passed the exams, which will be conducted via multiple choice exam questions.
Click here to find the application form and the relevant submission instructions.
Each application has to be accompanied by the following document or copies: Proof of payment of tuition fees attached to the application, in the account 5202-057157-381 – Piraeus Bank
International Bank Account Number (IBAN): GR94 0172 2020 0052 0205 7157 381
Code Bic (SWIFT address) PIRBGRAΑ
It should be noted that the proof of payment should contain the following information:
- The code 72341
- The name of the depositor, status, VAT number, address and telephone number for subsequent issue of invoice.
You can find the program of the Summer School here.
The organisers of the Summer School are waiting eagerly for you to participate!