International Conference on “Medicine, Law and the Internet”
Published on: 21/10/2016
The conference will bring together an interdisciplinary group of distinguished scholars and experts in the areas of health care policy, bioethics, citizens’ rights, law, medicine and the Internet. Its purpose is both to highlight the risks which the widespread use of the Internet poses on public health and citizens’ fundamental rights and to promote the scientific discussion on the relevant complex legal issues arising at an alarmingly increasing frequency in the daily praxis.
More specifically, the conference will be focusing on:
- Supply or demand of services or biological material online: medical and legal issues.
- Commercial practices in the context of health services provision via the internet and social media.
- E-commerce of pharmaceuticals: medical and legal issues.
- Medical data management in the digital era.
- Medical practice and conflict of interest: the role of internet.
- On line defamation of doctors.
Paper and poster presentations are highly welcome. There are 3 types of participation in the Conference:
- Conference auditors: auditors will attend the conference and are invited to participate in discussions, but will not present papers or posters.
- Conference participants – papers: each participant will deliver a paper which should not exceed 2500 words, in addition to participating in discussions.
- Conference participants – posters: each participant will present a poster which should not exceed 1000 words, in addition to participating in discussions.
To submit proposals for papers or posters, please include a relevant indication in your registration form. All submitted papers and posters will be under peer review. Registered papers and posters will be published in the conference proceedings and in a special issue of the Journal Βιο–chronicles.
- for early registration as a conference auditor is February 28, 2017,
- for submitting the title of the paper or the poster is December 15, 2016 and
- for submitting the paper or the poster is February 28, 2017.
A Certificate of attendance will be awarded to all attendees.
Please note that places are limited and early registration is highly recommended.
For the Organising Committee
Basil C. Tarlatzis, MD, Ph.D
Professor of OB/GYN & Repr. Med.
Chairman,1st Dept of OB/GYN
Past Dean, Medical School,
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Published on: 16/04/2017
- The Laboratory for the Research of Medical Law and Bioethics of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh), in cooperation with ELSA Thessaloniki, organize the 2nd International Summer School of Medical Law and Bioethics on "The end of life: legal, medical and ethical issues", between the 5th and the 11th of July 2017, in Thessaloniki, that may be joined by students of all levels (undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral ones). The number of places is limited and there will be a priority list. Read more
- Published on: 21/10/2016
- The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Laboratory for the Research of Medical Law and Bioethics, the Bar Association of Thessaloniki and the Medical Association of Thessaloniki are organising their 1st International Conference on “Medicine, Law and the Internet”. It will be held in Thessaloniki, between May 4 and 6, 2017 at Piraeus Bank Conference Centre (12-14 Katouni St). Read more
- Published on: 07/09/2016
- In the context of Lifelong Learning Courses offered by the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH), the Faculty of Law of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and especially the Laboratory for the Research of Medical law and Bioethics of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, organises, in cooperation with the European Public Law Organisation (EPLO), the Panhellenic Medical Association and the Athens Medical Association, educational seminars on: Medical Acts: Legal and Ethical Issues. Read more